"I want to share the delicious brewed sake." is a quote that has been passed down from generations.
- The first generation, Founder Utada Tokutaro was born in Nara Prefecture.
- As the 6th son of the timber distributor, he ventured into sake distributor for his love of drinking at the age 21.
- His dream came true in 1935 when he officially opened "The Ueda Liquor store"
- Unfortunately in the following year, the store was flooded badly due a large typhon that hit Kansai.
- A smaller liquor store was opened and operated in Osaka, Miyakojima.
- The store was burned due to air raid.
- Despite the hardships, he did not give up his dreams of "I want to share the delicious brewed sake." therefore he continued the liquor store operations again.
- The store was subsequently inherited by the second generation, Ueda Tadao.
- We successfully took over "Tokutaro Spirits" and Ueda Liquor store is operating successfully although in a small scale.
- The store fully-renovated and was renamed as "WINEHOUSE UEDA".
- Exclusive and rare wines selection were emphasized and regular flavor wines were also prioritized.
- The third generation was inherited by Ueda Hisao.
- The business is then renamed as "SAKE TAKAKURA" to commemorate his hometown Takakura Cho.
- This store aimed to provide unique special local flavors from small breweries all over Japan to its customers.